In Term 2, you will be introduced to private Yoga Therapy with Maggie's teachers from the Krishnamacharya-Desikachar lineage. Private Yoga Therapy is focussed on managing a wide range of physical–emotional conditions by using a breath-chanting-meditation approach from the Sri T. Krishnamacharya lineage.
You will also have advanced Yoga Philosophy classes in the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutra-s for your development as Yogi first and as Therapist second.
This term also allows you each to observe or experience private Yoga Therapy through our 12 hour internship. This is a rare opportunity to observe Master Teachers during a Yoga Therapists with over 30 years experience. You will also experience live case studies as well as Yoga Therapy theory and application.
Term 2: The Source – 235 Hours
- In-Person Courses & Internship – 6 Weeks: Chennai, India: January 9 – February 17, 2023 – 192 Hours
- Practicum 2 (40 Asynchronous + 3 Synchronous Hours) – 3 Months: March – May, 2022 – 43 Hours
Begin to Develop the Skills to:
- assess, design, and deliver private Yoga Therapy sessions
- observe and experience live Yoga Therapy sessions for a wide range of minor physical–emotional conditions and chronic conditions, including the 8-limbs of Yoga
- modify classical Yoga practices using tools, tables and other props for private students, managing the symptoms of a wide range of physical–emotional conditions
- incorporate Yoga/Vedic Philosophy, Chanting, Meditation, and Pranayama into private Yoga Therapy
Study with Master Yoga Therapists in Chennai, India
Many students dream of going the source of Yoga in India to study under living Yoga Masters. For 6 weeks, you will have the opportunity to study directly with DV Sridhar and Radha Sridhar from the Desikachar-Krishnamacharya lineage with whom Maggie Reagh has been studying regularly since 2001. These are Master Teachers, who studied directly under TKV Desikachar (Sri T. Krishnamacharya's son) for over 12 years and are, therefore, well known and respected by all senior teachers in our lineage today such as Gary Kraftsow, Larry Payne, Kate Holcombe, and Chase Bossart. DV Sridhar, in fact, completed his tenure at the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram (KYM) as Director of Yoga Studies, which was his role when Maggie met him in 2001.
Students book their own accomodations while in Chennai, India. Maggie will assist as necessary. Prices range from $35 to $50 CAN per day for single or double accommodations where this price can be shared.