Building a Home Yoga Therapy Practice on Zoom!
Maggie has been working with private clients in person for close to 20 years, and on Zoom online for the past 3 years.
During this social distancing time, she encourages you to book an appointment with her on Zoom, to develop a home practice to deepen and individualize your healing experience.
A 3-sessions series costs $300 + GST. Follow ups are $100 + 5% Tax.
Maggie works collaboratively with physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, Ayurvedic practitioners, and Medical/Naturopathic Doctors to help you best assess how Yoga Therapy can be part of a mind-body-spirit integrated healing plan.
The first session is primarly exploratory to understand the student's situation on a physical, energetic, cognitive, psychological, and spiritual levels. This is primarily based on the student's self assessment of their condition as well as Maggie's observations. The second session works on building the Yoga practice and the third is to assess, review, and revise the practice as necessary. Her knowledge of Ayurveda, Meditation, and Vedic Chanting is integrated into both the assessment and application.
Chennai Group Class for Private Yoga Therapy Students – Mentoring & Motivation
When teaching groups in Mysore, India, Krishnamacharya would circulate amongst his students, offering individual feedback and modifications to a set series that has become known as Aṣtanga Vinyāsa Yoga. In Chennai, India, where Maggie has been studying for 20 years, all Yoga Therapy is taught one-on-one. This new group class aims to blend these concepts together in a new way to support your personal home practice.
In this new early morning Zoom class, Maggie’s Private Yoga Therapy students will have the opportunity to practice their home practices in a group setting on Zoom while receiving private mentoring from Maggie as well as the motivation to practice as at set time. This is to support your home practice between private follow-up sessions with Maggie for practice revisions. It is also open to all senior students of the Krishnamacharya-Desikachar lineage who have a personal practice and desire weekly mentoring as well as satsanga, a community of like-minded yogi-s.
We'll start the class together with traditional opening chants from Chennai for the first 10 minutes. These are optional. If you prefer, you may mute your video and mic during the chanting. Next, Maggie will put you into your own Break Out Room where you can do your practice with Maggie dropping by so that you can speak to her and ask her any questions about how to refine your practice. You complete your practice whenever you like, and leave the class in your own time. All private students and senior students in the Desikachar-Krishnamacharya lineage are welcome! Priority registration will be given to Maggie's private Yoga Therapy students.
Class limited to 10 students per term to allow for individual attention
Fridays 7:30-8:30am PST
Holiday weekends will be off as well as other Fridays that Maggie needs off TBD
Tuition is Free for Maggie's Private students
To learn more about the Therapeutic Process that Maggie has developed for her private Yoga Therapy, please see the short video from her Yoga Therapist training, Introduction to the Therapeutic Process for Private Yoga Therapy
These are the most common problems that Maggie addresses with Yoga Therapy:
- Common Aches and Pains: Feet and ankles; knees and hamstrings; hips; lower back; hands and wrists; neck and shoulders; sciatica; etc.
- Tight Muscles/Fascia/Nerves or Hyper Mobility (Over flexible/Over stretched ligaments)
- Misalignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders), Lordosis (sway back); Asymmetries in hips, and Pronated/Supinated Feet
- Scoliosis: C Curves and S Curves
- Injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists), bulging discs, etc.
- Post surgery: Knees, hips, lower back, etc.
- Weight gain/loss: Obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis (OA); Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA); and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS)
- Digestive Conditions: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Acid Reflux, Indigestion, Constipation, and Diarrhea
- Other Chronic Conditions: Allergies, Asthma, Cancer recovery/remission, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Diabetes -Type II, Fibromyalgia, Hormonal Imbalances, Hypo/Hypertension (low/high blood pressure), Hypo/Hyper Thyroidism, Incontinence, Insomnia, etc.
- Movement Disorders: Cerebral Palsy (CP), Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s Disease (PD), or Stroke Recovery
- Women’s Health: PMS; Menstrual Irregularities; Pregnancy; Infertility; Menopause; Incontinence
- Emotional Health: Chronic Anxiety, Depression, Chronic Stress & Healing from Grief or Loss, and Managing Trauma or Change