While in Vancouver, Canada for Term 3, you will continue to develop your skills as a Yoga Therapist working one-on-one throughh Providing Private Yoga Therapy.
You will do advanced Anatomy and Physiology studies for Musculoskeletal and System Conditions, focussed on Private Yoga Therapy application. You will also continue developing your knowledge of how to apply Ayurveda to Yoga Therapy.
Finally, you will be introduced to Mental Health and Therapeutic Helping Skills needed for one-on-one practice. At the end of Term 3, you will go home to complete your final Practicum and Capstone Project, mentored by Maggie.
Term 3 - The Integration – 371 Hours
- 7 Weeks - In-Person Courses & Internship - Vancouver, Canada: June 12-July 28, 2023 – 224 Hours
- Practicum 3 (100 Asynchronous + 8 Synchronous Hours) – September, 2023 - April, 2024 – 108 Hours
- Distance Learning Capstone Case Study Project – September, 2023 - May, 2024 – 39 Hours (28 Asynchronous + 11 Synchronous Hours)
Develop the Skills to:
- use assessment tools for Private Yoga Therapy
- design and deliver private Yoga Therapy sessions, modifying for a wide range of minor physical-emotional conditions and chronic conditions ranging from Lower Back Pain to Disabilities
- modify practices using chairs and other props for private students managing the symptoms of a wide range of physical-emotional conditions
- incorporate Restorative Yoga into the private practice of Yoga Therapy
- incorporate Anatomy-Physiology, Yoga Philosophy, Ayurveda, Chanting, Meditation, and Pranayama into private Yoga Therapy, and
- conduct Yoga Therapy Research - A Case Study
Directed Studies Capstone Research Project
In order to introduce you to the world of Yoga Therapy research, you will be conducting a case study research project at home after Term 3. This is an independent, directed studies, distance learning course, supervised by Maggie Reagh and Tracy Dignum. It prepares you for conducting simple Yoga Therapy research and writing an accompanying paper. Research Skills will be taught during Term 3 when students will acquire the skills needed for conducting a case study research project.
Learn how to:
- review Yoga Therapy research
- conduct a case study
- use qualitative and quantitative assessment tools
- deliver a case study presentation
Outcome for CYT 1000
After 36 months of study and practice, you will graduate with a Certified Yoga Therapist 1000-Hour Diploma from Yoga Therapy International, an accredited program with the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). This will allow you to get certified with the IAYT as a Yoga Therapist, C-IAYT.